The safety of our guests and our team is always our top priority.
STAY SAFE. STAY HAPPY.
The safety of our guests and our team is always our top priority. We want to reassure you that we are taking every precaution to ensure your safety and wellbeing during your stay. While we always have very high standards of housekeeping & hygiene, we are now overseeing increased levels of cleaning, employee training and additional protocols, so you can be completely confident of your safety throughout your stay. To ensure you have a happy stay and to reassure you that we have thought of all aspects of your stay, please consider the below information.
- In line with government guidelines, please wear a face covering in all public areas of our hotel.
- - Masks are recommended as a simple barrier to help prevent respiratory droplets from traveling into the air and onto other people when the person wearing the mask coughs, sneezes, talks, or raises their voice.
- - Masks should NOT be worn by children under the age of 2 or anyone who has trouble breathing, is unconscious, incapacitated, or otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance.
- The provision of safe water, sanitation and hygienic conditions is essential to protecting human health during all infectious disease outbreaks, including the COVID-19 outbreak.
- - Consequently, hand hygiene is extremely important to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus. It also interrupts transmission of other viruses and bacteria causing common colds, flu and pneumonia, thus reducing the general burden of disease.
- - Sanitising Stations around the hotel
- - Increased cleaning of frequently touched items in bedrooms (touch-points)
- - All food menus can be found online
- Try to stay at least 2 metres (3 steps) away from anyone you do not live with (or anyone not in your support bubble)
- - Social distancing is crucial for preventing the spread of contagious illnesses such as COVID-19 (coronavirus). COVID-19 can spread through close contact. By minimizing the amount of close contact we have with others, we reduce our chances of catching the virus and spreading it to our loved ones and within our community.
- - Protective Screens at Reception, within The Old Poste House & between machines in The Escape Zone.
- - Please observe 2m floor markings in our Reception area.
Food & Beverage
- The Old Poste House
- - All menus are now available to view online
- - Table Service only (Old Poste House)
- - Contactless room service is available daily
- - We have appropriate and hygienic delivery methods in place for our food & beverage offering
- Weekly staff meetings are held to ensure the importance of these protocols are understood throughout our hotel.
- - All employees have received additional training on how to keep you and themselves safe. This will be reflected in how they interact with you during your stay.
- - Staff are encouraged to follow news reports to further their understandings
- - Staff must wear face coverings in all Public Areas
Key Touch Points in our Guest Rooms
As part of our training and hygiene protocols We have increased the cleaning of the following frequently touched items and surfaces in our bedrooms.